Here is a bit more summer randomness and things I love about summer.
Watching the children explore and search for treasures (in this case "beanie balls" in the gutter)
Weekend parties like Fidelity's work party and Truman's birthday all in one day. The kiddos got to eat out for breakfast, play at a park with bounce houses, have their faces painted (very well I might add), play super heroes with cousins, have cake and treats, and have Grandma and Papou spend the night all in one wonderful day.
Summer Colors! I always knew I liked "happy colors", but now that I have been able to decorate a house, and choose whatever colors I want, I realized that the colors of summer make me happy. This picture is a perfect representation of some of my happies: A bright patterned table (made for garden starts) with cheery lemons and fresh lavender on top; a view out the window of sunshine, a fun orange umbrella, and a lush garden abounding in orange and yellow flowers. so so happy. :)
Selling fish for Nana and Papa on the sidewalk. Although we got rained out both days we tried. Derek and Audrey loved holding the signs and waving to people. Derek was quite good at it. He would shake the sign around while yelling, "get your Salmon, and Halibut." Chaddy held up a picture for a little while, but soon wanted to wait/play in the car.
Children using their imagination to create fun in the warm yard. I am not sure what this particular adventure was, but they have enjoyed pretending they were orphans stranded in the desert who are trying to survive on whatever food (usually picked from the garden) they could find and building their own shelter. Hey, at least they are learning survival skills, right?
Homeless?
1 comment:
You're kids are so cute!
Post a Comment