Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday Girl

We told her not to do it, but she just wouldn't listen.  We keep telling her not to grow up, but she does anyway.

 What was supposed to be a "low key" party turned out to be a fairly detail oriented production...not because of me this year.  It seems I have given my children the party planning bug.  Audrey looked at party ideas online, and wanted to be involved in making all the decorations and favors.  I loved doing it with her.
 Audrey wanted to have pink lemonade and she found some heart-shaped cookie cutters at the store to make heart--I mean "I love Hello Kitty" sandwiches.

 She also helped me tape and fold and hang these tissue paper pom poms.  She was very clear on what she liked and where she wanted them.
 Audrey and I cut and glued all the faces on her favor bags...she did a great job making and drawing Keropi for the boys.
 One of my favorite things about decorating for a party is the treat table spread.  Hers turned out so cute.

 we managed to keep our menu simple: heart PB&J sandwiches, a Lucky Charms snack mix in cute Audrey-made cones, pink lemonade, and beautiful cupcakes made by an awesome friend of mine.

 My friend Amanda catered to every request Audrey had--strawberry flavored, hello kitty for the girls and green apple flavored Keropi for the boys.  She even hand made all of the characters with frosting.  She did such an amazing job!  They really made the decor..and tasted great...a little too great.



 We played pin the bow on Hello Kitty.

we sang and ate those delicious cupcakes
Her birthday guests included: Derek, Maddi, Lily, Sophia, and Chad
 We put Hello Kitty tattoos on everyone (including the boys)
 Everyone loved doing sand art
 
 Audrey opened sweet girly gifts.  She couldn't wait to put on her new pink cowgirl boots.
And she played with her new toys and her girlfriends until dinner. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OH so sweet! Isabella loves planning parties too, I love it! Happy birthday Audrey!! PS-The cupcakes were gorgeous!

Jamie said...

You've got a cute one! (ok 3 cute ones) love love the boots!!