Friday, May 4, 2012

Home Decorating #1

Well, I have a secret blog that I use just for our personal journal keeping, and have been keeping some before and after home decorating posts.  I decided I am going to share them...hopefully you are not all bored, but if you are I guess you don't have to look right :)

Boys room = Thomas room
I tried to do a themed room tactfully.

Before
White walls, door with peep holes drilled into it, no closet doors...blah.

We had the furniture at least, and I had already mostly redone the changing table (I later sewed a full-length skirt for it).



After
Painted the walls a soft blue, replaced the scary door with matching door and closet doors, sewed mock roman shade curtains and pinned them up with railroad crossing medallions (the same used for Derek' s 6th birthday party), sewed Derek's quilt, make name pendant banners, sewed some Thomas pillows (so the Thomas theme was not over the top), and added a bulletin board, original train art from Grandma Scow, and a customized pencil holder that Derek built and designed.


Grandma whipped these paintings out in about an hour flat one evening. She is amazing!

Love these

Chad will eventually have a matching quilt, but with that comes a bigger bed and a new furniture arrangement.


The door...what an improvement!!

3 comments:

Angeleah said...

love it !!

Carly said...

That is SO SO SO cute. HGTV would be so proud.

Buffy said...

oh oh the kitchen next please!!!