Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wonderful Produce




I have to say that I love living in a house where most of your yard is edible! Our garden has done really well this year (not without much laboring of course), and now the fruit trees are starting to give ripe fruit. We have thoroughly enjoyed eating all of this fresh produce, as it tastes so much better than what we get at the store.

I am so happy that all the dried fruit, fruit leathers, homemade jams, fresh vegetable sides and snacks are back! I've loved all the new ways of eating vegetables (especially the ever abundant summer squash) that we have discovered. Any way you look at it, fresh produce just can't be beat.






4 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

I'm INCREDIBLY jealous!!! I love fresh produce but I am not the gardener you are! I swear, though, I am going to can SOMETHING this year!

DevJam said...

summer squash...wow. bees love gardens, p.s.

Kristin said...

The garden looks beautiful, but your pictures are so cute too! I wonder if my kids would eat veggies better if we grew them...huh?!

Carly Noel said...

I'm so jealous, I can't wait to have a garden.

And is you need any of that yummy produce off your hands, I'm happy to come and help out =)

I'm so excited to be so close!