First off is the cake! It was picked out to be "the cake" months in advance, and had to meet all the specifications found in the cookbook picture (even down to the placement of the correct color race cars in the correct spots on the cake)...I'm glad I got it right.
Since it was a race car theme Derek had to wear the Piston Cup for a crown. Which, amazingly enough, he kept on the whole day.
His party had tattoos, races, lots of "pit stop" snacks and...
...was complete with a Lightning McQueen pinata (full of candy and suckers...which Audrey was particularly fond of!)
It was a great party that made for a very happy 4-year-old.
2 comments:
I love it! I'm going to have to remember that cake for Detmer's next birthday. Allie wants a Lion King cake for her birthday on Saturday. A Lion King cake! I'm really hoping she changes her mind!
What a great cake!!! Sounds like he had a good birthday.
Excited to see you guys next week :)
Post a Comment