(I actually wrote this a few weeks ago)
I swore off all "projects" this summer and especially all painting projects. So...last night I painted! In all honesty I really didn't want to do it. I have always thought our food storage room would look better if I painted the walls and floor, but really, it was never going to happen.
I swore off all "projects" this summer and especially all painting projects. So...last night I painted! In all honesty I really didn't want to do it. I have always thought our food storage room would look better if I painted the walls and floor, but really, it was never going to happen.
Until,
the department of Agriculture told me I had to have my food storage
room inspected in order to sell fish. I didn't think I would pass with
all the old water damage on ground. So at 1am I finished painting the
floor and priming the wall (it had to be done tonight...who knew cement
floor paint takes a minimum of 72hrs to dry...and the inspection is in
81hrs).
Anywho, thank you Utah Department of Agriculture for helping me get a nautical inspired food storage room.
Before Pics
(I don't know why I never remember to get a before picture before I start the project)
The interrogation room
yikes, all this stuff fits in that little room
Half the floor painted--what a difference it makes
The first stripe :)
ahhh...much better
order (not so much of an interrogation room anymore)
I love these cabinets now. I never would have done this upstairs, but I seriously love the red-orange cabinets and the gold hardware. They remind me of San Francisco.
As for the floor color I went with good old Bennington Gray once again. No more old water damage marks. Just smooth and clean.
and
here is a shot of my "nautical striped" wall. I love nautical themes,
and since the fish is the reason for the redo I thought "why fight it?"
As the kids tell me, we now have "the nicest storage room in the whole neighborhood!"
2 comments:
So fun! I haven't painted since getting hit hard with morning sickness. I still have a half a room downstairs that needs finishing. I love seeing what other people are doing and I think I can finally get working on some painting projects again. Thanks for the pics!
P.S. Your garden and grass look AWESOME!!
I'll say you have the nicest storage room in the neighborhood!
Post a Comment