Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Ride

We finally did it! About a week ago, we successfully sold our first car. Our previous two cars were demolished by other drivers careless driving, and we never had a chance to sell/purchase a car the way most people do...until now.

I did have a few nostalgic moments as we left our wonderful CR-V at the dealership, and then drove by for a couple days looking at it all shined up and waiting for some one new to take it on some adventures. I loved that car!

However, we are now the proud owners of a sleek new mini-van. Chuckle if you must, but we are loving it. The convenience is great. The power sliding door is the highlight of our kids day (which makes for happy kids when running errands). The V-6 (compared to our CR-V's 4 cyl) is nice on the hills in Bountiful. The space, and number of seats is awesome. D & A especially like that it is blue. They like our new car so much that I have found them sitting in the dark garage, buckled into their car seats, just waiting for me to take them somewhere.


2 comments:

Carly said...

Ooooo...now that is one good lookin' mini-van =)

Lisa said...

Hey, I'm with you on the van. I swore I would never look at one but after driving around with my friend in her 2008 Honda Odyssey...WOW! I was SOLD! We had 3 adults and 5 carseats and it was still comfy seating. I finally convinced Brandon that while it may not be coolest, it certainly makes the most sense for a young family. So, he caved and we're hoping to get one by next summer! COngrats on the new car!