Tuesday, June 23, 2009

May & June Update

Two words, Busy! Fun!
Our trip to Japan in May was what started off our summer extravaganza of trips and fun events. It really would take me forever to describe all the cool fun things about Tokyo, and since I just want to get a new post on here, I'll sum it up by saying it was nothing short of amazing. I posted all our pictures at our new photo website (just for posting lots of pictures at once)
http://theadventuresofce.shutterfly.com/.



After coming home from Japan I did lots of weeding and gardening. Our poor soil was completely void of nutrients and consequently our vegetable garden was not growing very well. So I added a whole lot of fertilizer/vegetable food, and voila, the garden has begun to grow.



Next was a step forward for my mini photography business. I did my first set of bridals followed by their wedding. This kept me busy trying to finish up all the wedding photos before leaving one week later for Colorado.



On to Colorado, for another wedding. Christian's long-time friend got married in one of the most beautiful areas. It was about an hour north of Denver, and the views created the perfect backdrop for a wedding. We had a lot of fun seeing all of Christian's childhood buddies, and of course the kiddos love playing with all their cousins at Grandma and Papous.



Sand Box Volcano--Awesome!






Next came Derek's long awaited 4th birthday. He had been planning his race car birthday party for months. for two weeks prior to his actual birthday he would wake up and say, "is it my birthday today?" When race day came and all our family came into town (for my cousin's wedding) Derek was elated. With wide eyes he kept saying, "I'm 4 now!"
(I'll post some pictures when we are back in Utah)


Only a week after the "big party", my cousin's wedding, and some intense house hunting (which we really hope will turn out to be fruitful) we headed off to summer camp (two weeks of non-stop fun in California). We have already done lots of swimming and BBQ-ing, and we are headed to Knotts Berry Farm today. It is really getting to be so much fun with the ages that Derek and Audrey are. They are loving it, and are so cute. One quick summer camp story:


It was time for our 4th of July craft and someone told Audrey and her cousin Myah to go outside for the "craft". They both misunderstood and went on a "crab" hunt. They searched the house and yard asking everyone they could find where crabs were (they thought we were going to cook crabs). After a long fruitless search they came to me and we figured out where the miscommunication was and they headed to the craft table. So adorable!


Lastly, Christian just gave me the update that our garden is finally doing well and starting to produce! Hooray...maybe it is lack of faith, or poor past experience, but I didn't really believe anything would grow out of that garden. So we are very excited to say that we have sugar snap peas, strawberries, yellow squash, soy beans, and pumpkins growing!


Well that is our May and June so far. There is much more to come this summer so hopefully I can keep up on this long neglected blog and not post huge posts that nobody really takes the time to read to the end.

5 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

I take the time to read! I love all your photos. You are so talented. I'm glad you guys are having a fun summer.

There are some super cute houses for sale by us, just in case you are wondering:)

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you are back, I've missed you! And now I just wish I was with you - sounds like you've been having a blast!

Carly Noel said...

Holy Cow! Just think about all that traveling is making me tired. Haha. I'm glad it was been so wonderful!

Jamie said...

I didn't know you were out here! So close, and yet so far away :(
Can't wait to see you soon in Denver- your kids are getting so big!

Brooke said...

Wow- Busy! We look forward to seeing you guys next month at the campout (how are you feeling BTW? :))

House hunting where?!!?