I sent out these custom made invitations tucked into really cute ticket envelopes (didn't get a picture of those)

Guests were welcomed to the party by the Island of Sodor welcome sign and fun balloon tunnel/arch.

While guest were arriving the children played with tracks and trains at our first station, "Great Waterton station."

After playing with trains we traveled to Braithwait Station where we played "Sir Topham Hat Says." Christian (aka Sir Topham Hat) got a kick out of making all the kids scream.

Our next stop on the island of sodor was a quick run to Tidmouth Sheds (the dessert table) to gobble up the melting treats. I decorated the "sheds" with my new favorite pendant banner made from scrap material from the quilt I made Derek (so he could hang it above his bed after the party), and the awesome picnic tarp that Aunt Natalie sent Derek from Japan. They made the table quite festive.

The Otter Pops and Rice Krispies were the ones melting all over the beautiful dessert table, so they were the first to be eaten.



After all the children were refreshed we went to the Center Island Quarry to play toss the bean bags into the silly freight cars. Every one did a fantastic job.

Shining Time Station was next. There we decorated picture frames with favorite Thomas and Friends characters, Sodor sayings, and railway signs. I also took pictures of each child with Thomas to fill their new frames (they were sent to them later as thank you notes).

A few more snacks and some pizza...
Then, we moved along to Knapford Station to play "Pin the Party Hat on Thomas."

Lastly, it was cupcake and present time. Derek was thrilled about ALL of the presents; thank you to everyone!

As our friends traveld home from the Island of Sodor they took these cute favor bags with them. Each bag had a CD of Derek's favorite Thomas songs (with custom CD label), a train or star cookie cutter, a star straw, a Thomas notepad, and sucker. Then the children could fill their bags with the candy from the jars on the dessert table.

4 comments:
AWH, it was all so cute and clever!
Wow! Way to throw a party. I am so glad Derek got his Thomas birthday. See you in a couple of weeks!
That does look like the best birthday party EVER! You did such an awesome job and I am sure the kids had a blast!
I would pay good money for you to do my kids birthday parties. Seriously, come. You are the coolest mom ever!
Post a Comment