Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How about an Update?

I must say that after being "sick" all winter, and having jobs and tasks pile up, motivation to post on the blog has gone out the window...until now. Mainly because I can't stand to look at the same post any more!

So, how about an update? I personally am feeling loads better! I started going to a chiropractor because of an article from a scientific journal that linked the long-term effects of whiplash to the onset of Meniere's Disease. All the causes and symptoms described in the article seemed to fit my case much more than all the other information and research I had found. So, despite my fear of chiropractic work, I went. Amazingly enough it has worked! The pressure has diminished, the fluid has drained, vertigo gone, and I only have one symptom left to get rid of (tinnitus).

As for the rest of the family, we are trying to finish out the winter strong by enjoying the cold weather activities...but really we are ready for spring!
Christian went snowboarding and dislocated two ribs. He has been in a bit of pain and especially since yesterday when the doctor had to push them back into place.

Audrey, is loving gymnastics and is excited about all the new "tricks" she is learning.

Derek, is still our funny man. He has been making up random songs and blurts them out at the most random times. His most recent hit is "I am a flying quesadilla" sung to us in a silent moment driving in the car.

Chad, is running everywhere, repeating everything we say to him, and is becoming quite the show-off! He has a rocking dog thing that he already tries stunts on. He will yell for our attention then lean way back and show off how he can do it one-handed...etc. He is just like his dad...meant for show biz.

Ookey, is our new cat. We weren't planning on getting a cat, but the man down the street died and his cat parked it in our garage and would not leave. So after a few phone calls and nobody else being willing to take him, we have a cat!

Alright, how is that for an update. Maybe, just maybe, I will post something else within the next 3 months.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yes, what a great update. Love every bit of it!!! The part on Derek makes me laugh!