Audrey chose to have a Pooh Bear theme for her birthday about FIVE months ago, and has been looking forward to it ever since--good memory for a three-year-old eh. Anyway, it was cute, she had a lot of fun with her little friends, and loved playing with all of her awesome birthday gifts!
Our lunch at the hundred acre woods
The proudest little three-year-old ever
Our gift to Audrey was a "big girl bed." She has wanted one for some time, and with the baby almost here, we needed another bed for her. So I searched all the ads for a cheap, cute bed frame. I found this one, which I refinished (with the help of my friend Maren!) in a beautiful princess-looking white. I love the way it turned out and Audrey is thrilled to sleep in a very comfy big girl bed.
Next came my super cool birthday party!
This year we had to make a big deal about my birthday, as it was the last single digit trinumeral day until 3001--9/9/9. Pretty sweet eh. So Christian started by getting very creative with invitations, researching all the weird numerical facts about nines and the fact that 9 + 9+ 9 = 27 (which happened to be how old I turned).
For the party, Christian mowed a 9 hole mini golf course into our back lawn, shaped dozens of cookies into the shapes of 9's, decorated with 9's, and even made everyone sing the most amazing 9-round version of happy birthday for me!
It was an awesome birthday! I had so much fun, and felt so loved with all of my wonderful family and friends who came to celebrate with me.
As if starting Joy School and having two big parties weren't enough...Super September continues!
Once the parties were done, we were able to refocus our efforts on our forever long house hunt. We looked through so many homes, and eventually found not one, but two homes we really like. We felt very fortunate (and tortured at the same time) to have the dilemma of deciding between two great, but VERY different homes, as offers on both homes were accepted. So after much debate we finally did it! We made a decision! Hooray! Barring anything terrible happening in the finalization process, we should be the proud owners of our first home...here in Bountiful.
Since I love September so so much, I have to pack one more thing into this super month. Amidst the inspections, packing, and teaching my week of Joy School...I am going to have a baby. Unless he comes in the next few days, I will be induced next week! We are all so excited to meet him. I am so excited not to be pregnant anymore. And we are all looking forward to the new changes in our lives.
So in short, this Super September has been wonderful, exciting, busy, exhausting, special, and well, SUPER!
4 comments:
All of that was wonderful!! I am so proud of Christian for doing something so nice and creative for you for your Big Day! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your house! I hope you have a great delivery and speedy recovery with a very healthy baby! Love you guys a ton!!
Holy moley! I knew about all this stuff (except for the final decision on the house - yay!) and I'm still exhausted reading about it.
Looking at those pictures made me want to cry.
A: Because I missed both parties
B: Because I still haven't given you your gift and card because I'm LAME.
C: Because I'm so happy for you guys! Yay for houses and babies.
Oh wow!! You are so creative...if only I could have a bit of your creativity I would be happy!! Yeah on your house, but I'm kinda bugged you are still going to be so far away:( So sorry we couldn't make your party...we were right in the midst of moving. Love you guys and let us know when your little one arrives
Post a Comment