Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Little Boy's Adventure

I am thinking that Derek may be lacking a bit of adventure in his life, as was manifest by his need to create one of his own. While I was making lunch Derek put on his Santa Clause bag (a previous Christmas gift bag) as a back pack with his Jessie (from Toy Story) doll inside. I thought he was walking next door to the neighbors house to play as he usually does, and he did walk to their house. Only, he kept walking....and walking. He walked half-a-mile to the park near our house, crossing a busy road. My neighbor and myself ran around the neighborhood searching for him. When my neighbor found Derek, he said, "I found the darkest part of the woods(from a Winnie the Pooh story)." He was not scared, (in his mind) not lost, just on an adventure. What a relief it was to see my little boy, with his Santa bag on his back, walking down the street to me. I love my brave little THREE-year-old!

2 comments:

Alex & KB said...

Oh my goodness, that's so scary! 1/2 mile alone and crossing streets... I'd have a heart attack.

Lisa said...

Scary! But I hope he had a fun adventure.