Well, our fun filled month of summer vacations is done, and we are finally getting a day of rest.
It started off with running my (Elizabeth) first half-marathon on June 14th. It was such an awesome experience. I ran it at Bear Lake in Utah/Idaho which had great scenery. I loved running in such a rural area where there was nothing but farms, greenery, and a beautiful lake. It made me feel so free...after about 6 miles I felt like I was Forest Gump running across the nation on completely rural roads. Everything went smoothly the first 10 miles, but the last three were definitely the hardest. Overall it was a great experience to have before my marathon. We left for Colorado the same day as my race. To anyone thinking about running a long distance race--never, I repeat never, sit in a car for 8 hours immediately after running your race. It is not a nice thing to do to your body.
We got to spend a week in Colorful Colorado having fun with our wonderful family. We ate great food (and put on a few pounds), swam lots, and (one of my favorites) we played quidditch. Audrey had to know where Papou was at all times, and Derek and his cousin Logan were train gurus.
Then we only had a few days at home to rest, unpack, and repack before California. The month of June was definitely a good one.
2 comments:
Yay, you're back! Glad that you had such a great time.
Sounds like a fun summer! Blake Martino is in our ward and his wife and are pretty good friends. He and Brandon are also in scouts together, I'll have to let him know that we are friends with you. That's crazy that you know him! Small world.
Post a Comment