Monday, June 2, 2008

Day Out With Thomas

It was a month-long countdown to the big day out with Thomas. Every day, and multiple times each day, Derek would say, "I going to see Thomas at my bertday party," and Audrey would chime in with, "and Sir Toppy Hat (translation-Sir Topham Hat)!"

Thomas pulled us in "Annie" and "Clarabell" (the passenger cars) through the countryside. We listened to and sang Thomas theme songs the whole train ride. It was great.
We got cool tatoos too! Derek's favorite is Emily (hmm...one of the only girl engines on the show) and Audrey's favorite character is Harold the helicopter.
And of course we met head of the railway, "Sir Toppy Hat." We were surprised that Audrey got nervous for how excited she was to meet him.

After listening to stories, watching movies, playing with different Thomas and Friends train sets, and having lunch while listening to the Sizzling Strings band (which was...interesting) we went to the little gift shop and let the kids each pick out a new train. Then off to see the star of the show, THOMAS!


Then came the birthday party! Christian and I got creative and tried to make a Thomas cake. Derek thought it looked like him...so I guess it wasn't too bad. This day [filled with Thomas, trains, and a birthday party] was a dream come true for Derek.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! It seems like you just had Derek the other day. I'm so excited about you guys having a blog, I feel like we can keep up with you better! We miss you tons and look forward to checking out what's going on through your blog. Lots of love-
The Manns